I’m on a low-sodium diet because I have Ménière’s Disease, so I got this recipe from Mrs. Dash and it’s pretty darn good. It doesn’t make a huge amount, though, so you may need to adjust the quantities if you’re cooking for more than two people.
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5mL) all-purpose flour
- 5 oz. (140g) condensed beef broth
- 1/2 cup (120mL) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 lb. (340g) lean, 1/2 inch (1.25cm) cut top sirloin steak, sliced into 2 inch (5cm) strips
- 1 Tbsp. (15mL) Mrs. Dash® Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup (60mL) reduced-fat sour cream
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups (480mL) wide egg noodles, cooked
Spray large skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Sauté steak 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Add mushrooms and continue cooking for 1 minute. Combine beef broth, flour and Mrs. Dash® Onion & Herb; mix well. Add to meat and mushrooms. Bring to a boil stirring frequently; continue stirring 1 minute. Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Serve over egg noodles.